Causes of excessive sweating
In medicine, excessive perspiration from the internal sebaceous glands is called hyperhidrosis. This phenomenon is subdivided into several types:
- Local hyperhidrosis( local) is distinguished by the fact that certain parts of the body are covered with sweat: the face and head, forehead, and armpit cavities, back, feet, palms sweat a lot.
- Generalized( diffuse) hyperhidrosis is perspiration throughout the body, simultaneous copious sweating.
Acrohyperhidrosis, an elevated level of sweat on the hands and feet, is often seen as a type of sweating. It is classified into plantar( feet are sweating profusely and often) and palmar types. Another excessive sweating is divided into:
- primary hyperhidrosis - it accompanies the stage of puberty;
- secondary is the result of many different endocrine somatic, neurological diseases.
For males, excessive sweating is a frequent problem. Women are less susceptible to such "trials."If the apocrine sweat glands secrete too much fluid, it indicates the occurrence of failures in the body. In such cases, men and women are almost equal. Sources of excessive and excessive sweating in the representatives of the stronger sex are:
- kidney disease;
- genetic predisposition;
- men who still have perspiration are often associated with infectious diseases( tuberculosis, pneumonia, malaria);
- thyroid disease;
- sometimes severely sweats the head of an adult male, palm, neck, which is caused by a strong nervous overexcitement;
- often leads to the use of medications with acetylsalicylic acid, insulin, pilocarpine;
- compensatory hyperhidrosis - a side effect, a reaction to sympathectomy( operation to reduce sweat secretions)
Heavy sweating in women
In women, the disruption of the sebaceous glands also often occur. If you do not take into account the hereditary factor, menstruation, menopause and pregnancy, in which the secretion increases and the amount of sweat increases, in all other cases we can talk about pathology. The following problems lead to excessive and excessive sweating in the female:
- IRR( vascular dystonia);
- heart disease;
- intoxication with alcohol, drugs, infectious poisoning;
- hyperhidrosis may occur due to endocrine disruption;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- copious perspiration accompanies various serious infectious ailments;
- some medications.
At night while sleeping
Some people in a dream sweat literally pouring "hail".This may be due to heat in the room or increased body temperature during a cold, but in most cases night hyperhidrosis is triggered by such causes:
- cancer( often lymphoma);
- AIDS, HIV infection;
- . Severe perspiration is often caused by an inflammatory process in the bone tissue;
- infections caused by bacteria;
- abscess is another cause of hyperhidrosis in sleep.
Excessive sweating in a child
Not only adults suffer from excessive sweating. Disruption of the sebaceous glands also happens in children. The main factors that lead to the appearance of hyperhidrosis in childhood are:
- lymphatic diathesis;
- lack of vitamin D in the body;
- heart failure;
- thyroid problems;
- acute respiratory infections( acute respiratory infections);
- hereditary disorders( for example, cystic fibrosis);
- the use of certain types of medical drugs.
Treatment of hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating
Many are interested in how to treat hyperhidrosis, what techniques are used for this. It is very difficult to prescribe therapy with increased sweating. The appearance of profuse perspiration can be caused by a disease, so the treatment will be prescribed taking into account the pathology found. After the patient has completed all the necessary examinations, the doctor determines how to cure hyperhidrosis, which method is more effective against him.
Laser Today you can get rid of excessive sweating with a neodymium laser. Such a device is able to completely destroy the cells of the apocrine glands, removing them from the skin once and for all. Laser treatment of abnormal sweating refers to an effective method against sweating without consequences and recurrence of the disease. The treatment procedure for hyperhidrosis lasts 30 minutes under local anesthesia. The laser helps to reduce the level of sweat by 90%.
Another good option that will help get rid of heavy perspiration is iontophoresis. The technique involves the use of electric current, which is treated the problem area of the body, which is in solution with salt. The method is effective, gives a lasting result, but is only suitable for the treatment of hyperhidrosis of the feet and palms. If you purchase a special electroplating device to eliminate problems with a strong sweat, then iontophoresis can be done at home.
In addition to the above-described treatment options for excessive perspiration, there are several interesting and effective ways:
- Antiperspirant is a type of cosmetics that fights strong perspiration. Often it is used for the armpits. The most effective means from this category are “Dry Dry”, “Odaban”, “Maxim”.
- Against hyperhidrosis, Botox and Dysport injections are often used to block the nerve endings of the apocrine glands for a long time.
- Medicines that are based on plant alkaloids - belladonna. They reduce the release of large amounts of sweat, successfully preventing hyperhidrosis. The doctor in most cases prescribes pills "Bellaspon", "Bellatamininal".Local therapy of excessive sweating is carried out with the help of the Formidron solution and Formagel.
- Soothing medicines in some cases no less successfully cope with the increased sweating in men and women. Among such - Valerian, motherwort.
Folk remedies for sweat
Traditional medicine also refers to effective methods of treating hyperhidrosis in humans. Here are some good recipes that relieve hyperhidrosis:
- Excellent results in the fight against hyperhidrosis will help to achieve an infusion on birch buds. Alcohol tincture( 1 to 10) must be cleaned problem areas on the skin twice a day.
- To reduce the sweating of the lower extremities, you can use a special bath. Oak bark( 1 tablespoon) pour water( 1 liter).Boil for 5-10 minutes, insist half an hour. Ten procedures should be enough for the disappearance of the smell and sweating.
- For hands that often sweat, it is recommended to make a bath of ammonia with water( for 1 liter of water we take 1 teaspoon of alcohol).Holding your palms in the solution for 10-15 minutes, you should thoroughly wash them, wipe them off and process them with powder. After such a procedure, sweating on the hands significantly reduced.
Learn more about VSD - treatment, signs and symptoms of the disease.
Video: what to do if armpitsstrongly sweat
For the removal of unwanted substances from the body, each person needs to excrete sweat. This process is a completely natural reaction to physical exertion, high air temperature, or heavy agitation. Occasionally, adults and children develop excessive and excessive sweating, signaling some diseases. If an adult or a child often has excessive sweating, then you should consult a doctor who will prescribe a treatment. There are many different reasons why the normal functioning of the sweat glands is disrupted. Find out why the person is sweating below.