What is alcoholism?
Chronic disease, one of the types of substance abuse associated with mental and physical dependence on alcohol( ethyl alcohol) - this is alcoholism. It can last for years and even decades. Due to addiction, a person suffers in the absence of alcohol, and therefore uses it again and again, which is why he begins to drink too much. The causes of this disease can be many factors. One of them is heredity, but only a fact of predisposition to it. Other causes are:
- low standard of living;
- features of the psyche, possible depression and stress;
- weak will;
- some family traditions - drinking alcohol for the holidays;
- some difficult professions related to stress and stress;
- influence of television and advertising, which can present the drinking of alcohol as a fashionable trend.
How to treat alcoholism
It is very difficult to cope with alcoholism on your own in most cases, so you often have to seek help from a drug treatment clinic. They help to get out of binge drinking, carry out rehabilitation along with psychotherapeutic help to patients. The treatment must use drugs that prevent the development of alcohol fermentopathy. This is a consequence of alcohol abuse, which is the effect on the level of enzymes in the blood, which leads to the destruction of the body.
Treatment of alcoholism is carried out in two ways, depending on whether the person recognizes his or her illness:
- Aversive therapy. It is effective even in the case when a person is not aware of the presence of alcoholism and opposes the course of treatment. In this case, drugs are used that affect certain reflexes, causing aversion to alcohol.
- Psychological Therapy. If a person is aware of the presence of alcoholism, only then it becomes possible to carry out such work. About 80% of patients in this case, get rid of addiction, because they themselves are aware of its harm.
Regardless of the chosen path of treatment, it takes place in several stages. The main ones are the following:
- Detoxification of the body. This is a procedure for removing a patient from binge drinking, eliminating the symptoms of general poisoning of the body with acetaldehyde, and combating a hangover syndrome. Takes from 2 weeks to 3 months. At this stage, special means are used that remove the decay products of alcohol from the body.
- Remission. This is restorative therapy that normalizes the work of all systems and internal organs. At this stage, drugs are prescribed to reduce the craving for alcohol and heal the liver and the body as a whole, including antidepressants, vitamin complexes and physiotherapeutic procedures. These may be Disulfiram or Esperal, which prevent recurrence. More radical methods are coding.
- Stabilization of remission. This therapy is supportive, reinforcing the results obtained during treatment. At this stage, social adaptation is very important.
As for the drugs for alcoholism, their classification includes many types. Separation occurs on the principle of effects on the body. Some medications affect the craving for alcohol, others - cause to him a complete disgust. There are a number of drugs for the effects of acute intoxication of the body with alcohol. More often they are represented by droppers. There are even special preparations in the form of drops, which can be used to treat a person without his knowledge. Any of the means has contraindications in the form of pregnancy, breastfeeding, renal and hepatic failure.
Preparations for the treatment of alcoholism are mainly tablets. Their specific group is characterized by a certain action. It is not recommended to prescribe drugs yourself or another patient. It is better to leave the choice of therapy to a specialist who will diagnose, determine the type and dose of the necessary medication. The specific type of drugs selected from the following pharmacological groups:
- Causes disgust for alcohol. This type of tablets blocks the oxidation of ethyl alcohol, thereby causing uncomfortable conditions for a person in the form of such side effects as hand trembling, heartbeat, fear, nausea, vomiting. These include Espenal, Anthetan, Krotenal, Antikol, Nokzal, Contrapot, Aversan, Stoptil, Exoran, Dezethil, Refusal, Radoter, Alkofobin, Abstinil.
- Reducing craving for alcohol. Their action is softer compared to the previous group. This category includes the majority of homeopathic medicines, such as Proproten 100, Torpedo, Algominal, Akvilong, Aktopleks.
- Blockers. These are more progressive and effective drugs that inhibit pleasure receptors that are affected by alcohol. Here Vivitrol stands out in particular.
- Preparations that neutralize alcohol. This group is necessary to reduce the harmful effects of alcohol on the body. These include drugs with B vitamins( folic acid), enterosorbents in the form of Polysorb and white coal, solutions for infusions from hemodesis or glucose.
Tablets for alcoholism without the knowledge of the drinker
When a person is not aware of his illness, relatives and relatives decide on such a desperate step as deception in the form of adding certain drugs to food or drinks. Doctors do not recommend it because of the possible negative reaction and low effectiveness of such treatment. Until the alcoholic himself is aware of his problem, he will not be cured. In this situation, the following alcohol dependence pills are used to deceive a patient:
- Blocker and Barrier.
Alcohol vomiting pills
A separate category consists of medications, after which you may experience unpleasant symptoms of vomiting, nausea, dizziness, hand shake and anxiety. The result is the association of alcohol with feeling unwell, which is why he can quit. This group of drugs are:
Some anti-alcohol drugs come in the form of drops, which are much easier to take. They are added to food or drinks, and often even without the knowledge of the patient. The most effective in this group are: Colm
Drops from alcohol addiction without the knowledge of the patient
Treatment of alcoholism without the knowledge of the patient is a very dangerous exercise for several reasons. Adding an alcoholic into the food toxic drugs that cause poor health from alcohol, you can not calculate the dose. In this case, there is a high risk of severe poisoning, sometimes even to death. A drinker may not associate poor health with alcohol, or think that the vodka was of poor quality, after which it will buy a new one and drink more. In this case, the result will definitely be dismal. Among the drops that can be added to food in secret, emit Colme.
Droppers for alcohol intoxication at home
Droppers are often used to relieve the symptoms of alcohol intoxication. They wash out toxic substances from the stomach and blood, saturate it with oxygen, normalize the acid-base balance, thereby passing the headache and improving the general condition. It is better to remove a person from a heavy bout in a hospital, where you can get qualified help and minimize the harmful effects of alcohol. For intravenous fluids use:
- glucose solution;
- reopolyglukine and polyglukin;
- Ringer's solution.
Preparations for relieving alcoholic intoxication
This category of drugs does not cure alcoholism, but only removes the symptoms of alcohol intoxication. They have a complex effect - they relieve headaches, eliminate vomiting and nausea, rapid breathing and trembling of hands. The most effective against such consequences of binge are:
- Alka Prim;
The most effective remedy for alcoholism
Preparations for alcoholism are a wide range, but each group has some of the most effective. More effective are the drugs from the category of reducing the desire to drink. They have a lighter effect than those that cause nausea and vomiting after drinking alcohol. The use of the latter is justified in more severe cases of this pernicious dependence, especially if the person does not wish to be treated.
This drug belongs to the group of drugs that directly affect the craving for alcohol. By chemical composition, it is very similar to taurine - an amino acid, a large amount of which is contained in the brain. The drug acts on it by inhibiting the activity of the glutamate receptors of the part responsible for craving for alcohol. It does not affect the symptoms of a hangover. The product is available in the form of tablets, which are recommended to be taken three times a day, with plenty of water.
The effectiveness of this drug has not been officially confirmed, but narcologists use it. The indication is chronic alcoholism. It belongs to the group of dietary supplements. Doubts about the efficacy of the drug suggest that it cannot be found in online catalogs, ordered and bought in an online store or pharmacy. The sale of funds involved in a small number of sites or call centers. In addition, even the cost of dietary supplements is hidden. The release form - bottles on 10 ml that allows to mix means in drinks or food.
A well-regarded drug that is inexpensive and really effective in the fight against drunkenness. His job is to turn alcohol into highly toxic acetaldehyde, which is the cause of damage to internal organs and symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, headache. This compound simply does not allow a person to drink alcohol. The drug has several drawbacks:
- short-lived effect - in the absence of regular intake, a person can return to the usual way of life;
- toxicity - uncontrolled administration of the drug is unacceptable.
Foreign drug from the group of aversive for the treatment of alcohol dependence, developed by Spanish scientists. The tool is intended to develop a persistent aversion to alcoholic beverages, therefore it is often prescribed to prevent relapse of addiction. The basis of the drug is cyanamide - it has no odors, color and taste. Therefore, the drug can be added to food and without the knowledge of the patient, but with caution, because when taking a large dose of alcohol can be serious consequences, even to death.
The action is to cause nausea and vomiting, headache, and sometimes even an allergic rash and anxiety. Apply the remedy once a day for 12-25 drops. Other advantages of the drug include:
- can be used for a long time, even up to six months;
- acts faster than common disulfiram.
The price of drugs
Before buying and taking specific drugs, it is still worth consulting with your doctor. It is better to buy drugs in a regular or online pharmacy to avoid substandard products. The approximate price range for the main drugs is presented in the table:
One of the options for the treatment of addictions is to take special pills, some of which include drugs for alcoholism. It is difficult to get rid of this serious disease, but with the help of timely therapy it is quite possible. Medicines can be presented not only tablets, but also drops and droppers. The effect of each type of medicine is also different. Some are intended for coding, others - to remove the effects of intoxication or relieve the symptoms of a hangover. To choose a medicine, it is necessary to study in more detail preparations from alcohol dependence.
Reducing cravings for alcoholdepending on how many tablets the package will contain, and dosages of